Industry / Entity Type
Advertising / Marketing
Logo Styles of Interest
Word or name based logo (text only)
Acronym or letter based logo (text only)
Pictorial / Combination Logo
A real-world object (optional text)
Conceptual / symbolic (optional text)
- Important note:
Upon seeing designs we would like to state clearly we are looking for something appealing/trendy, NOT corporate.
- Hi guys!
An update because Im not seeing what I am looking for yet (some of you are closer but only a very few)
What I would like is something that people can identify with but which still look relatively serious, what I see is mostly too corporate/formal so not inspiring or too childish (not serious at all).
Try to strike a balance and have a look at the product(red) logo and the HMV's dog one.
- HI guys, I"m starting to see very interesting stuff, we are getting there! Bear with us!
An update on a few crucial things:
what we do: we bring customers and shops together to help fighting poverty and the issues around it
Core requirement: this means we must be an iconic brand, something that is trendy, and serious enough for people to like it, to support it and to wear it.
It must be so unique that it is directly recognized by people.
New ideas to work on:
- Something along the lines of bansky"s work: e.g the pulp fiction guys with the bananas instead of guns, the guy throwing flowers...of course more simple but something that people straightaway understand that it is for change and for the better :)
_to make that sign a stylish symbol
- We would like people supporting us to be able to show it by showing the "V for victory sign" which is a peace sign too with their fingers painted in a color, so try:
_just two fingerprints detailed with a V shape
_a hand with the two fingers painted in a color
_+ your imagination!
We will start in the UK but we may be present in any country where our partners brands are.
1)We are going after the alpha consumers (36-50).
Alpha consumers are the first to know, the first to try and the first to buy (in our context give). They are pleasure seekers and influencers. In general this audience is college educated, makes six figures and owns a home.
2) Next Gen Philanthropist (21 - 30)
The next gen philanthropist is looking for hip technology and causes that they can identify with. They are team minded and oriented. They are less conservative with their spending and are in search of deeper meaning and purpose, looking for value in immaterial things.
3)the logo should not appeal only to people already involved in social actions but more importantly attract the larger segment of population that we need to convince too.
- NOT TOO CORPORATE looking (we are not a bank, car or IT company)
- 3)Must be clearly differentiated from the Brand “Versus” of “Versace”
- 4)Applicability: It is important to have a clearly identifiable logo by itself but designers must keep in mind that when applied, the logo will be transformed to fit between the partners’ logos and issues we are fighting against e.g [People or shops] “versus” [social issues]
- 5) because we want people to enjoy our logo ask yourself if you like it before submitting it!
Nice to Have:
- Design ideas/guidelines: (feel free to come up with any original idea!)
- _ If one logo: 1)Powerful and Meaningful logos like the contrast and message Banksy put in his design or logos that tell much more than they look like the HMV dog: http://lewebpedagogique.com/bsentier/files/03_banksy_flowers_molotov.gif
- 2)Something simpler with an interesting font, and maybe with the “-us” of “versus” differentiated
- 3)The name could be surrounded by what we fight against: versus Disease, Climate Change, Hunger, Human rights Violation, Illiteracy, animals cruelty, Thirst, Violence.
- 4)Something around “VS” could be good too.
- 5)could try two logos on each side of the word
- Good example of a trendy and trustworthy logo:
- Product (RED) http://www.joinred.com/Splash.aspx
Should Not Have:
- 1)Colours: No dominant red, but acceptable if harmonious with other colours