FLOTTMAN COMPANY LOGO STANDARDS
Purpose: to provide a protocol for usage of the company logo that maintains a look that is consistent across all materials printed. A consistent use of the logo is also important to protect the logo and its elements from being used by anyone other than the Flottman Company. Allowable variations will be described.
Standard: following is the recommended use of the logo, in terms of color and elements.
- PMS Red #173 is used for the horizontal line across the top of the “F” that is graduated. Names on calling cards and Flottman Company and Quality Printing Since 1921 copy also are printed PMS 173
- PMS Blue 300 is used for the side panels of the “F” design, with a 50% screen on the “right side” panels. The cascading triangles are also printed in PMS 300. The screen percentages are as follows: top right triangle is 80%; top left is 70%; center is 55%; second right triangle is 40%; second left triangle is 35%; third right triangle is 30%; third left is 25%; second center is 20% and fourth left triangle is 15%; second last triangle is 10% and the last triangle is 8%.
- PMS Grey 424 is used for the company address, phone and fax numbers as well as the website.
- The horizontal line across the top should be gradated in color, beginning with a solid 173 on the left edge and as the line streams right it becomes lighter to a taper of no color. Line may or may not bleed off left edge depending on the printed item.
- The top left corner of the “F” should cut into the horizontal line
- The thickness of the line should consistently be in proportion to the size of the “F”
- The horizontal line can be repeated, without interruption, on the bottom of the page for emphasis.
- The top left corner of the “F” should always cut into the horizontal line above it.
- The side panels should be blue, PMS 300 with the “right sided” panels screened at 50% PMS 300 the left sided panels should print 100% PMS 300.
- The angle of the “F” should be constant.
- The number of triangles should be either NONE or ELEVEN, depending on the usage of the logo and the amount of space available. The screen percentages are as follows: top right triangle is 80%; top left is 70%; center is 55%; second right triangle is 40%; second left triangle is 35%; third right triangle is 30%; third left is 25%; second center is 20% and fourth left triangle is 15%; second last triangle is 10% and the last triangle is 8%.
- The company address, phone, fax number and web address should print in PMS 424 Grey. The company name and personal name on the calling card prints in PMS 174 Red. The “F” and triangles print PMS 300 blue. See Cascading Triangles for screen values of blue triangles.
- Letterhead: Logo with eleven triangles cascading down to the end of the page ending into the company name, address, phone, fax numbers and web address.
- #10 Envelopes: Logo without triangles cascading down to the end of the envelope. The company name and address are placed above the logo.
- 9.5 x 12.5 Catalog Envelope: Logo with eleven triangle cascading down to the end of the envelope ending into the company name and address only.
- Calling Card: Logo in upper left corner without any triangles cascading down. Personal name in upper right corner with company name, address, phone and fax with website on bottom right area. Quality Printing Since 1921 is on the bottom left.
- Company Shirts: Logo used without any triangles. Company name is stitched on top of the horizontal line. The top left corner of the “F” should cut into the horizontal line.
- Personal e-mail page: There is no background to be used on company e-mail. The signature for both new messages, replies and forwards are as follows:
1st line: Employee name - 12pt. Arial Bold Italic Custom Color Orange
2nd line: Company name – 10pt Arial Bold Italic Custom Color Orange
3rd line: Phone number – 10pt Arial Italic Standard Color Gray
4th line: Fax number – 10pt Arial Italic Standard Color Gray
5th line: Website address – 10pt Arial Italic Standard Color Gray
No other images or text is used on the company e-mail.
- Scratch Pads: Logo used without cascading triangles. A second graduated line across the bottom of the sheet is used for emphasis. Address, phone, fax and website below the line. Company name should be to the right of the F logo at the top of the page. Pad should be 5” x 7” with 50 sheets/pad.
A variety of companies in different fields come to Flottman for both traditional print needs as well as short run digital printing needs (imaging and data manipulation, short run color and variable data printing).
Hoping to attract customers needing total marketing solutions, so need to stress innovation.
- -DNA strand and/or molecule/gene tie-in
- -Flottman Company standard logo in either grayscale or company color (orange and blue) version (see attached files)
- -Indication that information contained in brochure is for commerical printing segment
- -Contact inforation on back cover
- Flottman Company, Inc.
- 720 Centre View Boulevard
- Crestview Hills, KY 41017
- Tel: 859.331.6636
- Fax: 859.344.7085
- -Back and Front Covers should measure
- 12 in x 8 13/16 in
- They are horizontally orientated
Nice to Have:
- -Fact that the compay has been in existence for over 85 years (since 1921)
- -Fact that the company is a total source for printed and communication needs and/or supplier of diversified graphic communication products and services (doesn''t have to be exact copy)
Should Not Have:
- -Anything too cute or clever. Want something substantial that will stand the test of time.